How To: Lipstick Shades

by Lisi on February 8, 2012

in BEAUTY,makeup

How To: Lipstick Shades

I for one, do not wear enough lipstick.  If you recall, I actually made a new year’s resolution recently to wear more.  If you’re in my boat, this adorable, little guide will steer you in the right direction.  Of course, some of us will naturally gravitate toward berry or pink shades, but stepping outside our comfort zones may prove rewarding!  Who’s ready to try something new?  Do report back with any lipstick purchases.

How To: Lipstick Shades

Speaking of lips, this winter, I’m having a pretty hard time keeping mine from getting chapped.  I just discovered this little gem at Barney’s and highly recommend it.  It’s as powerful as it is pretty.  And the scent is just like spending time in your British Aunt Plum’s rose garden for an extended high tea.  So before you apply the lipstick, you should moisturize, and this product will not disappoint.  Of course, there’s always Aquaphor

facebook | twitter | bloglovin’ | pinterest

guide via

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

shaista February 8, 2012 at 11:17 am

What I’m loving right now is Clinique chubby stick! It’s perfect for winter lips… you have to check it out. I’m wearing graped up but I hear mega melon is most people’s favourite. I don’t really wear lipsticks. At all. Ever.
The colour I really want to be able to carry off is coral but I’m not sure I can!! Any nice coral lip things you know of?

Jessica February 8, 2012 at 1:52 pm

That lipstick guide so sweet. A few months ago, I went out on a limb and bought MAC’s “Loud ‘n Lovely” gloss – a bright, Barbie-esque pink. It was a risk, but it immediately became my favorite color and I’ve worn it every day since.

Shannon February 8, 2012 at 3:59 pm

What a great little guide! And I love the “serious meeting” lipstick. I usually wear some lipbalm to work, but I look so young, maybe some dark berry or wine shades will boost my professional appeal! Thanks!

The Girlie Blogger February 8, 2012 at 8:34 pm

That’s a good resolution, and these are great lip colors.

La Feem February 8, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I’m lipstick (and gloss) obsessed, this post rules.

Rebecca February 9, 2012 at 6:40 am

Thank you, impressive guide! I mostly like dark shades, but in case of some romantic event I usually use pink and lighter tones.

Cathy Anderson February 9, 2012 at 9:01 am

Love the “What To Wear” Guide…so fun!

xoxo
Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

alexisbryn February 9, 2012 at 12:35 pm

i just picked up a few Revlon lipsticks – matte, Stormy Pink and the other is a creme orange tint (similar to Heat Wave by Nars) called, Siren. It’s beautiful on and adds that pop of color to any outfit! A friend of mine showed me a new Revlon color she bought, also a matte texture called Smoked Peach. I’m in LOVE!

A great dark red/berry is Stila, long wear lip color in Paramour. And Burts Bees tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia.

marni February 13, 2012 at 1:34 pm

love the look of that lipstick guide and the lip balm sounds amazing. i’m sure it works like a dream. putting it on my list for when i’m out shopping this week. i love any excuse to go into barneys. xo

Sarah Klassen February 26, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Sounds and looks divine! I use a mix of Chanel and Lancome, but would love to try :)